Sunday 30 May 2010

SUNDAY 30TH MAY

Marsh Lock.
Very windy this morning, but dry. Chatted to Nigel again today - positions reversed, we were dropping in the lock, he was talking down to us, (physically). The trains were very slow across the viaduct, probably owing to weekend engineering works. Passengers waved to us, they must have been old as well!
Just past the viaduct, there is an old building which reminds me of a series of card building kits for '00' gauge railways, they went under the brand name of 'Bilteezi', amazingly, they are still in production. I think that it is the windows of the building that do it; they look as if they are painted on, rather than glazed.

Most of the way down the river, I was steering about 15 to 20 degrees offset, the wind was strong and our boat has about 170 square feet of effective sail area in the shell and cabin sides.

Arriving at Marsh lock, we were soon sheltered by the bushes and by the lock sidewall, I went down to the Ship canal end, and took some pictures. The weather was very different last weekend, I did not hang around long in the wind. A good modem signal here, so I am uploading some pictures.