Sunday 23 May 2010

MARSH LOCK

Here we are again, taking things very easily; chairs and table outside, camera and binoculars at the ready. One of these days, I will figure out why I like this area so much. When that time comes, you will be the first to be told.

We took a floating pootle down to Weston Point docks, a new warehouse sporting the Stobart name has appeared since our last visit, but the general air of dereliction remains. I may have found the UK stockpile for B&Q compost. There were a lot of pallets double stacked, they seemed to go on for ever.

Later, I went beachcombing on the shore next to Marsh lock and found some suitable pieces of wood which have been cut, bagged and stored in the lockers for when the Indian winter arrives. I was happy to bask in this wonderful sunshine until I heard the Met office saying that it was going to be a good week; hence the gathering of firewood.

I was watching three sailing dinghies in the Weaver mouth and ship canal; the wind was strong and they were all planing and enjoying the excellent sailing weather.

With the assistance of the oven, the cabin temperature reached 37 degrees celsius; without, only a measly 31 degrees - phew. It was 17 degrees last night, could we have it a little bit cooler please?