Tuesday 16 June 2009

LESLEY LORRAINE MUDIE

Tuesday 16th June.
The style of blog today is very different, the reason will be immediately clear.

On Sunday 8th June, Lesley Mudie lost her fight for life. She was a friend with one of those wonderful voices on the telephone; you could hear her smile as she spoke.
We will miss her; the large number of people at yesterday's service of Thanksgiving for her life showed clearly that we are not the only ones to feel that way. Andrew Mudie gave a reading which I have always found moving; yesterday, more deeply than ever. Here is the poem.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Lesley Lorraine Mudie
26th July 1946 - 8th June 2009