Saturday 28 June 2008

Friends old and new

FRIDAY. At Riddlesden
The 2008 journey thus far: 235 Locks & 340 Miles & 32 Swing\Lift Bridges
Journeys using bus pass: 14
We moved from 5 rise top to Riddlesden, as it is not possible for me to pass a chandlery without looking inside. At Puffer Parts I was asking about LED lights. I did not buy any, but I did buy a 3kg tin of waterproof grease. (see first sentence above) We remained at Riddlesden as we were awaiting a visit from Alex, the eldest daughter of our best man. We had not seen her since and her husband, little Ian (to avoid confusion with the writer) when we were boating here 5 years ago. They now have two lovely girls, Isabelle and Sophie that we met today for the first time. Little Ian called in on his way back from work as a Ranger in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We enjoyed their company and had a good chat; a further reminder of the passing of the years, as I can well remember seeing Alex when she was but a few days old herself. After they had gone, my back had decided to remind me that I should not have been pulling ropes with swimming heifers on the other end. I will be hitting the Ibuprofen for a few days; that should sort it out.

Again, showers, and a few bright intervals.

SATURDAY. At Riddlesden
The 2008 journey thus far: 235 Locks & 340 Miles & 32 Swing\Lift Bridges
Journeys using bus pass: 14
Myra went off to fetch the newspaper as we were remaining here today. I relaxed reading the paper at length; staying behind this afternoon as she went to visit East Riddlesden Hall.

Dry, but windy.