Tuesday 29 June 2010

RESTING, RESTING - ONE, TWO, THREE

Once again we interrupt the mighty roar of London's traffic to bring you.........

I have just celebrated my 65th birthday; I am therefore officially classified as old and have allowed myself a small dose of nostalgia.
For those too young to know and for those whose memory has been blunted by the years; the opening lines were those of a radio (wireless) program which ran every Saturday evening from 1933 until 1960. It was called 'In Town Tonight'.
I cannot think what on earth brought those lines to mind; but you can rest assured that I had forgotten what I was trying to remember when they burst into a small unoccupied space in my brain. Now what was I going to say?

Oh yes, we will be returning home for a while; therefore the blog will be suspended until we are back on board. Boating Plan B has been repealed owing to a severe water shortage on the Pennine canals. You will be the first to know in which direction that Martlet will be heading as soon as we have made the decision; it should be in about a couple of weeks, we start to suffer from 'Land Legs' when we spend too long at home!