Thursday 16 April 2009

A wet day

I will apologise to the Weather forecasters. They have managed to make a correct forecast for today. They said it would be wet, and it was, further, that it would be heavier rain this afternoon. We were intending to move down just past Br.136 above Cowroast and sit there in the rain. We were moving for 55 minutes of which about 10 minutes were in rain.
Passing the Bulbourne workshops, there was signs of activity in one of the buildings, now used to make household and garden ironwork.
I wish that it could have been making ironwork for lock gates, and the gates themselves, but perhaps that is asking too much.
There was an early canal cruiser, it looked to me to be a fibreglass hull with wooden top, but it was nice to see it,whatever the construction.
We were moving for 55 minutes of which about 10 minutes were in rain, I saw a pair of Mandarin ducks by Tring road bridge, but the photo that I took in the rain was too grainy to warrant publication.
Having tied up, the rain started a bit heavier, I hope that I have less photos of raindops splashing into the canal this year; last year, I had a lot of them.
Boating wise, it is still very quiet, with only ten boats in total passing us all day.
2009 Totals - Locks 46; Miles 64; Bus pass uses 2