Tuesday 4 May 2010

Can you hear me mother?

I am beginning to have second thoughts about having renewed my T Mobile internet access. I am sure that the coverage is not as good this year in places where last year I was getting a reasonable signal strength; perhaps it is the outpourings from the Icelandic volcano.

We have enjoyed two days at the foot of Bosley Locks, despite the best efforts of the wind on the Saturday night, which caused the boarding plank to lift on its supports. A short while afterwards, I had all of the roof resident accoutrements safely stored on the towpath against the hedge.
Chatting to the crew of another moored boat, it transpired that I had gone to school with two of her next door neighbours. It is a small country that we inhabit.
We saw few boats moving on the Macclesfield canal, and even now, back on the main line of the Trent and Mersey, it is very quiet.

Who knows, there may be a strong signal tomorrow night; I have lots of photos to upload and I am getting a bit bored with the text only version.